November 18, 2014

Purple Power!

Throughout the month of October I did a cleanse (I'll tell you about it another time) which got me hooked on having a smoothie for breakfast.  I can't tell you how good having a morning smoothie makes me feel.  It hydrates me and fills me up with veggies, fruits, and good fats.  And its easily digested so my body isn't expending energy on the digestion process but on other more important functions; like powering my muscles to wrestle my kids into their snowsuits and out the door, or giving my immune system a boost to fight off whatever the germ of the day is.  So here's one of my favourite breakfast smoothies.  It's simple, pretty, super delish and packed with good stuff!

immune booster smoothie

1 1/2 cups almond milk

3/4 cup frozen blueberries
2 scoops of pumpkin seed butter (I basically use a spoon and dig into the jar twice)  
1 date

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  

1 comment: